All courses cover essential aspects of both SOFTWARE and APPLICATIONS training.
Location: Godalming, UK
You will learn to:
• Input settings to control the Texture Analyser Run a test, save data and carry out post-test analysis
• Produce graphs with different scales and axes to compare data
• View calculated results in a custom made spreadsheet
• Produce charts and reports that include this calculated data
• Macros and Projects and their relevance to your application will all be revealed!
The latest versions of the TA.XTplusC and TA.HDplusC Texture Analysers will be set up for groups of 4 people to:
• Prepare samples and select suitable methods for your applications
• See and handle a variety of probes and fixtures available for the texture analyser range
• Observe variations in products due to alignment, grain and non-uniform structure
• Calibrate the instrument, change a load cell and carry out simple maintenance
• Obtain advice and guidance on your own difficult applications
• Measure your own samples by arrangement
Who should attend?
Technical and R&D staff who wish to improve their understanding of texture analysis and who wish to obtain maximum benefit from the use of their plus range Texture Analysers and texture analysis software.
Course topics include:
• The Principles of Texture Analysis: types of texture analysis tests and probes and attachments available
• Exponent software: making macros, setting up spreadsheets, creating projects etc.
• Tips for better testing: how to choose the correct test parameters, guidelines for test choice, sample preparation and more accurate testing
• Common problems encountered during the use of your texture analyser and how to get around them
• Interactive practicals
There will also be an opportunity to test any samples which you bring along and discuss the optimisation of their testing.
• Tuesday 5th September 2023
• Tuesday 7th November 2023
The charge for this training course will be £150.00 + VAT (this does not include any overnight accommodation), payable to Stable Micro Systems Ltd in advance.
Places for each course will be for a maximum of 8 people. Accommodation can be arranged at additional cost. Registration is at 9.00am. We will require a cheque or purchase order for the full amount to reserve your place. No refund will be offered but you may substitute another delegate at any time.
Training Course Organiser: Claire Venn
To arrange a place:
Tel: +44 (0)1483 427345
More detailed training courses on a variety of specialist testing topics can be arranged on request. Please email us for further information on either of these options.
Location: Godalming, UK
We also offer Advanced User Training Courses, usually running over three days at our Godalming headquarters.
Our next course will be held in late 2023, dates TBC. If you are interested in attending an Advanced User Training course please contact us to register your details so we can offer you a place once dates have been confirmed.
More detailed training courses on a variety of specialist testing topics can be arranged on request. Please email us for further information.
Available for UK, Sweden, Denmark and Benelux customers. For all other countries, please contact your local distributor.
If you are new to the Texture Analyser, have new testing requirements or need an update on the instrument’s functionality and available features, we are now able to offer Online Training that can be tailored to your needs.
Available via Teams or Zoom, we can easily set up a suitable time to take you through items that you need to understand and be aware of – and then spend some time discussing your bespoke needs.
Items that will be covered include:
• A summary of all of the different types of test the Texture Analyser can perform, so you are aware of its capabilities
• A summary of the important parts of the instrument
• How to calibrate your instrument
• Where to find the Education Zone and Application Studies to help you
• How to set up your own projects
• Choosing the correct test settings for your sample
• Discussing your sample preparation needs
• Running tests and discussing the curves and results
We can also test a small number of your own samples during the training by prior arrangement.
This Online Training Course will typically take 2 hours (for up to 4 colleagues). To discuss your needs further, receive a quotation and book your course contact email@example.com