The numbers below are the major and minor version numbers, build number and issue number. So 8,0,1,0 is version 8.0 build 1 issue 0. All release versions are issue 0 so anything higher in the last group of digits is a test / special version.
Currently supported platforms for version 8,0,10,0 onwards are: Windows 10 and Windows 11. 32 and 64 bit systems are supported for all these platforms.
It has come to our attention that the Haugh Unit calculation in Exponent/Exponent Lite software (versions 188.8.131.52 and lower) has an error in the location of a bracket within the formula. This is due to how formulas are translated into computer instructions.
HU = 100log(h-(1.7w)0.37+7.6)
HU = 100log(h-1.7w0.37+7.6)
We have made the appropriate correction for all future software versions (including Connect software) and can advise the following:
The grading of eggs may be affected. Changes will be most noticeable for those eggs that have a thin albumen (below 4mm) and coupled with a higher weight (e.g. 75g). For the majority of egg weights and albumen heights (that would have resulted in a high Haugh Unit) the egg grading will be unchanged.
8,0,13,0 (9th November 2022)
• Fix for a random error message "Invalid Schema" when loading graphs. (TEC 00128)
8,0,12,0 (8th November 2022)
• Fixed issue with decimal marker type in the Firmware information when loading a CTF file. (TEC 00108)
8,0,11,0 (21st July 2022)
• Added kPa to Stress units. (TEC 00121)
• Copy section now copies the section of the associated audio files (TEC 00122)
• Exporting graph data to a text file was exporting up to the absolute time in relative mode. (TEC 00102)
• Fix issue with loading some files saved with count peaks, etc. (TEC 00123)
• Copy section no longer includes the last anchor point so it is compatible with Exponent. (TEC 00124)
8,0,10,0 (23rd June 2022)
• The project notes are now hidden in the project panel if they are empty when the project is loaded. (TEC 00112)
• Fixed: Some old macros were changing the Time to absolute value in the "Set Units (Time)" command. (TEC 00113)
• Fixed: "Same As Filename" option for Project Title was not kept after a "Save As". (TEC 00114)
• Fixed: Loading very old Texture Expert files failed to initialise the maximum test time correctly. (TEC 00115)
• Fixed: ESM Event log menu command to close the window was not working (TEC 00117)
• Fixed: Macro change units command was always changing the time relative option regardless of the Units. (TEC 00118)
• Fixed a random error message "Invalid Schema" when loading graphs. (TEC 00120)
8,0,9,0 (24th March 2022)
• Fixed: Crash when using Area in a quick calculation. (TEC 00110)
• Fixed: Project Save as Filename option was not being set for new projects. (TEC 00111)
8,0,8,0 (7th February 2022)
• Fixed: Issue with auto-scaling Drum Distance. (TEC 00104)
• Fixed: Quick Calculations Force at Target not working for tests with Target Mode Strain. (TEC 00107)
• Fixed: Issue with Egg Testing macro.
• Fixed: Fetching a decimal value from a MODBUS device was failing for negative numbers.
• Increased maximum range for Yield Offset values.
• Ensure prompt to put the sample in place is not created for user messages. (TEC 00109)
8,0,7,0 (28th September 2021)
• Fixed: reports not displaying.
8,0,6,0 (14th September 2021)
• Fixed: DrDis Volume cursor placement issue. (TEC 00103)
• Fixed: Change Units macro command - can't set Relative option. (TEC 00100)
• Fixed: Test Config Pre-test Options Calibration Source not working. (TEC 00099)
• Fixed: Project Notes - display when project loaded option not working. (TEC 00098)
• Fixed: Macro variables names that begin with inf get convert to INF when used in the second field of the define variable command. (TEC 00097)
• Fixed: Quick Run a Test macro command not working when Clear Previous Graphs option set. (TEC 00096)
The following application studies and projects have been added:
• ASTM F88 Adhesive tape 180 degree peel - ADH9_AB
• Aerated dessert foam strength - CREAM1_PCR
• Pharmocopeia 0330E Gelatin bloom - GEL9_P05
• ASTM D790 Polymer flexure - POL2_3PB
• ASTM D828 Paper tensile - PCKG14_TG
• Hair stiffness - HAIR5_3PBH
• Leather finish adhesion - LEATH_LAR
• Leather lastometer - LEATH_LTMR - event
• Leather lastometer- LEATH_LTMR - yield
• Leather softness loop - LEATH_TG
• Leather tensile - LEATH_HDG
• Microneedle deformation - MICRONEEDLE1_P25
8,0,5,0 (22nd March 2021)
• Made the list box wider in the assign shortcuts window so the full command name can be seen. (TEC 00095)
• Fixed an issue with negative values on bar charts. (TEC 00094)
• Fixed issue with Depth parameter. (TEC 00093)
8,0,4,0 (4th March 2021)
• Fixed a charting issue where line charts could use row count instead of column count.
• Updated Return To Start sequence so the stop plot at trigger return works with the break detect.
• New sample files and help files.
8,0,3,0 (20th October 2020)
• Added option to the ESM to hide users from the login list (TEC 00087)
• Various improvements to the chart view including drag to zoom right click on certain areas such as axis to open the properties view directly on the appropriate tab. Option to selected specific time periods (Today, This Week, etc) for X axis time scale. (TEC 00090)
• Added an option to the Test Configuration - Post Test tab to switch the Trend Viewer update after a test on and off. Then template files are also copied to the project folder when the option is turned on and the project has already been saved. (TEC 00091)
• Added a new floating / dockable read only Project Notes view to allow the notes to remain on view while working. (TEC 00092)
8,0,2,0 (16th September 2020)
• Fix Calibrate command shows improper argument. (TEC 00089)
8,0,1,0 (15th September 2020)
The simplified TPA macro file has been modified so that anchors 3,4 and 6 are dropped at the TRIGGER force and NOT at Force=0. This improved macro should more successfully set the downstroke and upstroke areas and distances so that they are entirely comparable.
Now using the latest Microsoft runtime for improved performance and security.
• Added new Trend View. (TE32 01476)
• Added Basic View option. (TEC 00082)
• Added Notes to the Macros and updated the Display Project notes macro command so you can choose to show the macro notes. (TE32 01472)
• Added an option to the Run-a-Test filename to prompt for a filename when the test is run. (TEC 00083)
• Added an option to open CTF files after downloading from the T.A. (TEC 00084)
• Added an option to save CRF files as TAB delimited text files when downloading from the T.A. (TEC 00085)
• Fixed issue with showing incorrect PPS in the graph information when loading a CTF file (requires firmware version 3.00385 or later). (TEC 00086)
7,0,7,0 (5th March 2020)
• Added a new systems variable %_PC_NAME_% that returns the Windows name of the computer. (TEC 00050)
• T.A. Sequence prompts are now displayed when the display errors is switched off in the run a test macro commands. (TEC 00064)
• If a name is specified in the project for the results files to be 'saved as', then the name of the active results file is verified and a new results file created if required. (TEC 00066)
• Fixed Anchor time information for files that were saved by Exponent for the non-connect instruments. (TEC 00067)
• Added some sample ESM security Policies which are offered to be imported when the ESM is enabled. (TEC 00068)
• The "User - Miscellaneous" settings are now disable if the corresponding menu item is disabled plus added menu items to go with the options. (TEC 00069)
• Added Instrument serial number and PC Name columns to ESM event log. (TEC 00070)
• The Batch - Actions tab is now only available to Admin accounts when the ESM is enabled. (TEC 00071)
• Added a filter option to the Firmware Information window. (TEC 00072)
• Changed the Parameters section of the Project for the Sine Wave options so only the required parameters are displayed and they are all on the Sine Wave tab instead of being spread across the Standard tab and the Sine Wave tab. (TEC 00073)
• Fixed the display of the range values shown when an invalid value is entered into the T.A. Settings window and the Units are in kg. (TEC 00074)
• Added options to get the sample weight parameter value from the T.A. Load cell or an external balance connected to the PC (see the help file for descriptions). (TEC 00075)
• Reordered the buttons on the Profiles selection window for better consistency with the rest of the program. (TEC 00076)
7,0,6,0 (8th August 2019)
• Added a print facility to the Security Configuration Dialog. (TEC 00060)
• The event log viewer was enabling the wrong menus. (TEC 00062)
• Fixed Calibration Failed details in Event Log. (TEC 00063)
• Fixed issue with curve fitting due to a mixture of absolute and relative time being used. (TEC 00065)
• **** Support for Windows XP and Vista is now deprecated and will not be tested in the future. ****
7,0,5,0 (3rd June 2019)
• Increased force limit in T.A. Settings for 750kg loadcells. (TEC 00061)
7,0,4,0 (16th May 2019)
Fixed the following calculations that were using absolute time for anchors when relative time selected: Zero Point Correction, GoTo Percentage of, Export to Text File. (TEC 00032)
• Doing a Save As on a macro file was causing the "File has Changed" message. (TEC 00033)
• Fixed case were Goto Event was not always working for relative time. (TEC 00034)
• Fixed issue where changing results column units was updating the values but not updating the units text. (TEC 00035)
• Fixed placement of mark value text box on the graph when relative mode selected. (TEC 00038)
• Fixed issue with Smooth Line command on Exponent graphs and relative time. (TEC 00039)
• Fixed issue where the "No Load Cell Connected" message appeared when the safety screen is fitted and open. (TEC 00040)
• Disabled option to delete log entries when ESM is enabled. (TEC 00042)
• Fixed Probe Position Calibrated date in firmware information. (TEC 00043)
• Added ESM option to specify the minimum password length (>= 7). (TEC 00044)
• Fixed Linear Distance command so it shows the same result as Exponent. (TEC 00046)
• Fixed Fit Distance command that reduce an existing result spreadsheet value when it was recalculated. (TEC 00047)
• Fixed Force Maxima and Minima so they refresh the result spreadsheet correctly. (TEC 00048)
• Fixed issue with PPS setting when a comma is used for the decimal point. (TEC 00049)
• Fixed the Deformation Energy calculation so it produces the same result as Exponent. (TEC 00051)
• Updated Video playback to work with absolute time data. (TEC 00052)
• Fixed a software lockup when the Test Configuration path was set to My Documents and that resolved to just a drive letter, e.g. H:\ (TEC 00053)
• The result spreadsheet is now updated when the graph notes or parameters are changed for an existing graph row. (TEC 00054)
• Updated calibration failure messages so they better describe the error. Also requires firmware version 3.00237 or later. (TEC 00055)
• Fixed crash when a macro tries to select an axis type that can not be displayed. (TEC 00056)
• Reinstated the USB:* option in the communications port selection window. (TEC 00057)
• Fixed an issue with the option drop list in the Test Run Setting macro command edit dialog where it would select the wrong entry when re-displayed. (TEC 00058)
• Fixed issue with the generate curve command when used with absolute times. (TEC 00059)
• New Backup and Restore utility to work with connect.
• Addition of application studies and project files for: Viscous Polymer Stickiness using Mini Stickiness System (POL1/MSS), Brinell hardness for tablets (TAB4/PB), Measurement of switch actuation force and distance (SWITCH1/P05S), Poppy candy acoustics (CANDY1/AED), Measurement of mechanical keyboard force and distance (KEY1/P7D), Vickers hardness for Polymers/Chocolate (MATERIALS2/PV and CHOC2/PV), Shore A and D Hardness measurement of polymers (POL2/PS), Failure behaviour, brittleness index and tensile strength of tablets due to diametral compression using a cylinder probe (TAB1/P25), Determination of cooked spaghetti firmness using the AACC (66-52.01) Standard method (PTA6/LKB-F2)
7,0,3,0 (14th August 2018)
Deleting all data from a results file removed the "End of Test Data" tag which then caused issues when adding new data. (TEC 00023)
• Improved compatibility with the Windows High Contrast mode. (TEC 00024)
• Fixed issue with macro when using go-to commands after a quick test command when the graph window was hidden by another window. (TEC 00025)
• Fixed Move Probe To Preset menu commands. (TEC 00026)
• Live readings for the AED module now display dB values. (TEC 00027)
• Fixed issue where ARC file was sometimes only saved once after a test even though the Quick Calculations had analysed the data. (TEC 00028)
• Fixed crash when running a macro that contained the use of a BASIC RawData object. (TEC 00029)
• Fixed issue with Goto Max Value macro command when searching between anchors and relative Time is active. (TEC 00030)
• Fixed issue with generate curve function when the formula uses both captured and other User data sets. (TEC 00031)
7,0,2,0 (31st May 2018)
It is no longer possible to run a test with an unknown load cell type connected. (TEC 00018)
• Searching for Staus Bits Changed caused an error if the cursor was already on the last data point. (TEC 00019)
• The end of cycle event was not showing when the Time option was relative and the View - Analysing Data Only option was set. (TEC 00020)
• The chart option for Compare Batches is now implemented. (TEC 00021)
• Fix an error when sending the registration code to the T.A. (TEC 00022)
7,0,1,0 (24th April 2018)
First release of Exponent for the XTConnect range of instruments. Some of the new features above Exponent / XTPlus, HDPlus and XTExpress include:
• Faster processing speed for more complex tasks.
• Capture the Absolute Time from the start of test with option to view the old analysing relative time.
• Option to Record the data between analysed sections with the ability to show or hide as required.
• Variable PPS option via the Data Capture sequence command for the XTPlus Connect.
• Up to 2000 points per second per channel on the XTPlus Connect and 500 points per second on the XTExpress Connect.
• RS485 MODBUS capture at 1 point per second per channel for up to 4 channels.
• New TSI (Touch Screen Interface) for the Connect range of instruments for standalone operation and easy diagnostics. Includes multiple user interface, projects and even shows a summary graph of the current / last test.
• Advanced firmware update facility for multiple components within the instrument, including the TSI. This will allow new features to be added when they are released.
• Ability to connect a USB memory stick for file transfer and firmware updates.
• Attach Exponent Connect via USB (2 Mbits / second with a fast custom protocol) or Ethernet (10 Mbits / second using standard TCP/IP).
• Networking supports DHCP for easy configuration and SNTP for accurate automated time keeping.
• HTML network interface for access via PC, tablet and phone web browsers.
• Ability to store results and test data files (XTPlus Connect only) in the instrument that can be downloaded via one of the interfaces (USB, WEB browser or Exponent) to suit your situation.